Poisoning Treatment in kukatpally

Knowing that humans can get poisoned by chemical and metallic substances is common sense. But what if you mistake nonedible with edible things or binge on a poorly cooked dish because it is delicious? It would be the height of stupidity to complicate your health over such plain reasons. Sources of poisoning are not limited to toxic substances. The products we use at home and the food we take can poison our bodies and push us into the rut of paying medical bills and taking medications.

Poisoning involves injury or death due to ingesting, smelling, or touching harmful substances. In most cases, the toxic substances that cause poisoning are the products we use in our day-to-day life, like cleaning agents, make-up products, medicines and drugs, and even alcohol when taken in excessive amounts. Snake bites and bee stings need immediate medical attention even when they are not poisonous, as their bites or stings may contain venom.

Poisoning is an emergency, and resuscitation plays a crucial part in administering the treatment. Recognizing the symptoms early and identifying what has caused the poisoning is essential for assessing the condition.

The common symptoms include:

  • Vomiting
  • Difficulty in breathing
  • Drowsiness
  • Confusion and other mental conditions
  • Burns or rashes around the mouth
  • Bleeding from mouth
  • Seizures
Poisoning Treatment in kukatpally

As soon as you recognize these symptoms in yourself or anyone nearby, rush them to Anupama Hospital for a stomach wash and further treatment while keeping the patient calm and assured. Look around for any empty containers of poison or other harmful substances that the patient might have ingested accidentally or intentionally. Take the container along to the hospital for the doctor’s reference. It can help doctors assess the reason correctly and administer the antidote. Meanwhile, do not let the patient take any food or liquid orally nor induce vomiting.

Emergency response should be immediate in children’s cases because children tend to ingest tiny objects like watch batteries, which can cause burning of the throat and tummy. When you notice any such incidence, immediately make the child spit out the object or substance in the mouth. Please do not make them vomit as it is not a prescribed method for rejuvenating a poisoned patient.

Best Poisoning Treatment in kukatpally

Best Poisoning Treatment in kukatpally

Children are more vulnerable to poisoning through different means. Each type of poisoning needs a unique approach.

  • Ingested poison: Make the child spit out but not vomit. Do not give any syrup-like Ipecac.

  • Swallowed batteries: Serious tissue damage can occur within as little as 2 hours; therefore, remove the battery from the lodged part.

  • Skin poison: Kids contact toxic plants like poison ivy, rhododendrons, daffodils, etc. In such cases, remove the child’s clothes and wash the skin with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes.

  • Eye poison: When the child infects its eyes with any toxic substances, immediately flush the child’s eye with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes.

  • Poisonous fumes: Take the child away from the surroundings into the fresh air and administer CPR if necessary.

List of Diseases


Read More


Read More


Read More


Read More


Read More