Contraceptive Methods hospiutal in Kukatpally
Contraception plays a critical role in family planning and prevents maternal morbidity due to unwanted abortions. New mothers can replenish their energy levels before having another child by spacing and planning their pregnancy accordingly. Though many types of contraception are available in the market, your need and capacity to stand the procedure should be the deciding factor. You can consult your gynecologist for informed advice if you want to save yourself from unintended consequences.
Best Contraceptive Methods in kukatpally
Types of contraceptives
- Condoms: It is the most commonly used contraceptive method that can prevent unwanted pregnancy and STIs. It is a hormone-free method and comes in both male and female varieties.
- Oral contraceptive pill: It is a hormonal contraceptive solution that contains hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, or progestin. The woman can take it once a day as long as she doesn’t want to get pregnant.
- Intra-Uterine Device (IUD): A T-shaped device is placed in the uterus to prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg in the embryo. Once removed, the woman can become pregnant.
- Contraceptive implant: It is a tiny wedge-shaped device that is placed under the woman’s arm. It prevents pregnancy by constantly releasing progesterone, which prevents the fertilization of the egg.
- Injections: Injection contains Progesterone hormone is injected into the buttock part or upper arm of the woman. It works for 12 weeks in preventing pregnancy.