How to Prevent Sinus?
Sinus or sinusitis, refers to the inflammation caused to any or all of the four pairs of air filled space cavities, known as sinuses. Due to an infection or any other condition, the sinuses become red and swollen, and release mucus like substance all the time. This is the reason for the stuffy nose you have during the sinusitis.
Although there is no serious health concern due to it, sometimes, the air cavities can become a breeding ground for various parasites, which can affect different internal organs of the body and cause different health ailments, like ear infection, etc. Hence it is best to prevent the sinus from occurring in the first place, to prevent any health issues from occurring.
Fortunately, there are some effective ways to prevent sinus.
- Keep the sinuses moist all the time, by taking the required quantity of water every day. Ideally, you should drink 3 to 4 liters of water per day.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol, as they can dry up the sinuses and make them irritate.
- Also, avoid the smell of all petroleum products, hairsprays, cleaning products, etc., because the fumes of them can lead to the inflammation of sinuses.
- Avoid staying for longer periods in water, and cold foods or beverages, and also, limit the use of air conditioner.
- Last but not definitely the least, massage the sinuses gently, which are inside the cheekbones, along the sides of the nose, in between the nose-bridge and eyes, and over the eyebrows. It loosens and eliminates the mucus.